Indian Meat Science Association (IMSA) with its head quarters located at National Research Centre on Meat, Hyderabad brings together meat animal/poultry producers, meat scientists, meat processors, meat exporters and all other involved in research, training and extension related to meat science and technology in India.
In order to realise the power of meat and meat products in 21st century, several Institutions and Industries are working with sizeable number of scientists, faculty members and students on various aspects of meat science viz, novel meat sources, meat sustainability, animal welfare and slaughter, muscle biology and biochemistry, microbiology and chemical hazards, advanced preservation techniques, by-products utilization, value addition, packaging, meat based functional foods and also on specific hot topics important to the industry. The IMSA which is strongly dedicated to research, training and extension in meat science, is still in its infancy but a lot of effort is being put in the direction of making this endeavour successful and useful.
The Association will work with the objectives of advancement of all aspects of science and technology relating to production, processing and marketing of meat and meat products to serve the humanity. In pursuit of these goals the IMSA will work with the following objectives:
• Stimulation of research, training and extension in the field of Meat Science and Technology.
• Provision of a forum for the exchange, discussion and dissemination of current knowledge in the field of Meat Science and Technology.
• Promotion of high standard of technical proficiency, professional expertise and personal integrity among its members.
• Elevation of the profession of Meat Science and Technology.
• Publication of the Journal of Meat Science.
We encourage individual scientists, technologists, faculty members, students, meat industry experts as well as corporate bodies to join as members and it is our desire to make the association most useful forum for techno-scientific and educational activities accessible to Master’s and Ph. D students, scientists working in both academia and Industry.
The association invites all meat science researchers to join as members.